More than a dozen mega-prizes won across the Grand Canyon State
PHOENIX (August 30, 2019) – It’s been a long, hot summer in Arizona and players are winning big with the Arizona Lottery. The last week of August has been especially hot, with one Pinetop-Lakeside player winning the $333,003 Fantasy 5 jackpot, and another winning a third-place Powerball prize with the 10X Powerplay multiplier for $500,000 from a Phoenix Fry’s store on the same day, August 28!
In fact, the whole month of August has been a hot one for Arizona Lottery players, with a slew of high-end winners:
- August 2 - $1 Million – Tucson – Mega Millions
- August 3 - $100,000 – Phoenix – Fast Play
- August 3 - $100,000 – Bullhead City – Powerball
- August 3 - $50,000 – Tucson – Powerball
- August 13 - $1 Million – Phoenix – Millionaires Club
- August 17 - $17,980 – Littlefield – Fast Play
- August 19 - $350,240 – Avondale – Triple Twist
- August 19 - $23,654 – Phoenix – Fast Play
- August 20 - $1 Million – Queen Creek – Mega Millions
- August 21 - $50,000 – Nogales – Powerball
- August 23 - $50,000 – Chandler – Fast Fortune
- August 24 - $333.003 – Pinetop-Lakeside – Fantasy 5
- August 28 - $53,000 – Phoenix – Fantasy 5
- August 28 - $500,000 – Phoenix – Powerball
Adding up the prizes paid to all our winners, Arizona Lottery players took home $43,724,752 just this month and $706,491,066 in all of fiscal year 2019!
“We love to see so many Arizonans from so many different parts of our state win so much money,” Executive Director of the Arizona Lottery Gregg Edgar said. “When Arizona Lottery players win, our whole state wins as they are doing so much good for our state with the dollars they are spending to play our games.”
Arizona Lottery ticket sales fund more than a dozen vital programs across our state, including higher education infrastructure built and maintained by the Board of Regents, habitat purchased through the Heritage Fund to protect and promote our unique and iconic wildlife, and the Court Appointed Special Advocates, or CASA, speaking in court for abused and neglected children. These are just a few of the 18 beneficiaries that receive hundreds of millions of Lottery dollars every year.